UNDER THE LAW.
L. Dean Smith, Jr. is a trial lawyer specializing in cases involving traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and wrongful death arising from car crashes, semi-truck crashes, defective products, and medical malpractice. Dean is also skilled in handling cases involving sexual harassment, and discrimination on the basis of race, gender, pregnancy, and disability. Dean never backs down from a fight and in the process has recovered more than $40,000,000 on the behalf of his clients by holding the corporations, entities, and individuals accountable for the wrongs they have committed against them.
Dean is rated by Super Lawyers as a Southern California Rising Star. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from over 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and evaluations on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Annually, only 2.5 percent of the lawyers in California are selected to receive the honor of Rising Star.
Notable Verdicts & Settlements
- $6,500,000 Settlement of Auto v. Truck case in which his client was rendered a paraplegic, but uninsured (Prop. 213) and under the influence and in possession of methamphetamine at the time of the crash
- $1,500,000 Settlement of Auto v. Auto case in which his client underwent a lumbar discectomy
- $1,000,000 Settlement of a Stool Failure Case in which his client exacerbated a prior lumbar fusion surgery
- $895,000 Verdict in Auto v. Auto case in which his client underwent a single level cervical fusion
- $754,000 Verdict in Auto v. Semi-Truck case in which his client underwent a single level lumbar fusion