AREAS OF PRACTICE
California State University, Northridge, B.S. Psychology & Political Science, 1991
Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 1995
UNDER THE LAW.
Simon has an impressive track record of settlements and trial verdicts, and has successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars for his clients throughout his 25 years of practice. In addition to being a top-notch trial attorney, Simon is widely renowned in his community for his selflessly dedication to, and leadership of, the many non-profit organizations he participates in.
Simon received his Juris Doctorate from Seattle University School of Law. While at Seattle University School of Law, Simon founded the Jewish Legal Society.
Recently, Simon obtained a favorable appeal and subsequent order vacating an arbitral award. When arbitrators refused to award the relief he believed his client deserved, the odds were overwhelmingly stacked against him. Not only did he have to overcome the Supreme Court’s long standing legal precedent, but he also had to convince the Court of Appeal that the arbitrators incorrectly applied the law. Achieving an outstanding result, the Court of Appeal made new law and clarified existing law rendering inapplicable the general prohibition of reviewing arbitration awards. (Ahdout v. Hekmatjah (2013) 213 Cal.App.4th 21, 38.)
- Ahdout v. Hekmatjah (2013) 213 Cal.App.4th 21
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Nessah, Board Member (2006 to 2020)
- Nessah, President (2011 to 2012; 2014 to 2016)
- FIDF, Board Member (2007 to 2015; 2019 to Present)
- FIDF, Western Region Vice President (2011 to 2015)
- LATLC, Honorary Board (2015 to Present)
Honors and Awards
- Avvo Clients’ Choice, 2014
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum Life Member
- Top 50 Jury Verdicts in California 2019
- SuperLawyers, 2015, 2016, 2021